Cory’s first last day of school. Was that confusing? This being the first year of our journey of education it was our first Christmas break, first spring break, and now our first summer. Meaning my first summer bucket list. I’d never heard of the concept of a summer bucket list till we were in Texas.
I’ve got big plans this summer. Funny, I say summer and it feels endless when in reality it’s only 10 weeks. So, my first summer bucket list…
– one away trip a week (zoo, derby museum, railway museum, and so on)
– regular playground visits
– regular library visits
– sew a dress for me (I’ve already got the pattern and fabric, a terrific first project for my new serger!)
– set up our home classroom
– write out homeschooling plan for the year
– get a new tattoo (won’t be heart broken if I don’t get to this one)
– play frisbee golf
– go bowling
– deep clean the house (no fun, but needed)
– make a big sidewalk chalk picture
– fly a kite
– go to a live music event (might be cheating since I’m married someone who has a lot of these)
Sounds simple enough. I already have all our outing planned for the summer. I’ve designated Tuesdays as travel days. We’re doing the derby museum, zoo, science center, children’s museum, aquarium, railway museum, antique car museum, planetarium, and a park where you can see dinosaur tracks when the water is low enough. It’s going to be a fantastic summer. Somewhere in there I’ll be setting up our first homeschooling classroom, year goals, and lesson plans for the first three months. It’ll go by so fast.
Can’t wait to make some fantastic memories. The first or many summer lists to come. What are your plans?